Business Voice Account FAQ's
- What is Teliax Business Solutions?
Business Class hosted voice service that replaces your traditional phone service. click here to see all of our features
- What are the benefits of Teliax Business Solutions?
Price features, flexibility
- What is a cloud-based phone system?
hosted and secure data center around the world allow you worry free phone service without worry of outages
- Is set-up free?
Starting an account is free and easy to do. In order to utilize most services, make calls you will be required to either make an a la carte purchase or select a monthly account.
- What kind of commitment do I have to make?
With Teliax Buissness Solutions there is no commitment or long term contract. You are able to administor your account as you see fit.
- What are my payment options?
You can use a credit card to make payments on our IVY system (check with david about this.99.9999% of people use cards ,but if they refuse we can take bank payments though these people see more disconnections this way)
- How long does Teliax Business Solutions take to set up?
Most on premise SIP trunking solutions take a half hour or less to interconnect. Our hosted PBX solutions can take a little bit longer depending on the size of the hosted PBX solution you would like to build.
- How do I reset my password?
You simply goto our page at http://www.teliax.com/ and click the login button at the top right of the page and from there a page appears and you will see a link that allows you to reset your password.
- What types of reports can I generate for my account?
There is a monthly statement generated 30 days from when you open the account that will show you an itemized breakdown of the billing . You can download a CSV or a PDF version of this file.
- As an admin, can I configure multiple users’ settings at once?
You will need to configure each user with its own account permissions one by one. This avoids issuing sweeping permissions to users that should not have permissions to do things like deletions and other major changes.
- What is e911?
E911 allows you to send a address and call back number with your call to emergency services. This allows you to be able to dial 911 and instantly send first responders the information needed to find your location. Teliax offers e911 for a extra fee. This system is tested weekly to ensure it continues to be the best service possible
- How do I set up my company extensions?
See the quick start guide for setting extensions up within your account
- How do I customize my answering rules?
See the quick start guide about how to customize your answering rules
- Can I keep my toll-free or local number if I choose to cancel?
Yes you may port your number away to another carrier.
Calling and Features FAQ's
- How do I create a new business phone number?
See the quick start guide for adding phone numbers to the account.
- Am I able to pick my own number or create a vanity number?
Yes, you can pick your own number. Vanity numbers are offered by vanity number companies that allow you to port the number to Teliax. Contact your vanity number company for information on how to do this.
- Can I transfer my existing phone number to Teliax?
Yes , There is a fee of $25 for the first block of 10 numbers. The process is called porting and you can find more information about doing this at the following link. https://help.teliax.com/hc/en-us/articles/203813414-Teliax-Number-Portability
- Can I set up an international number?
Yes this can be done just like domestic numbers. See the quick start guide about adding phone numbers to your account.
- Do I need special equipment to make calls?
You can setup our IVY hosted PBX to go from your businesses voice menu to your cellphone which requires nothing but your existing cellphone if you like. We offer connections you to use SIP phones as well as SIP Trunking. Sip trunking requires you to have a PBX running on a configured computer or device. We do not offer these devices.
- Are there minimum system requirements?
You are required to have a web browser to access your IVY web portal.
- Do I need to adjust my network router settings?
If you are using a SIP phone or another device connected over the internet then you will need to forward the following ports to your SIP device from within your router:
5060 TCP/UDP forwarded to the device IP address
10,000 to 20,000 UDP forwarded to the device IP address
- What happens when I lose power or my internet connection?
If you are interconnected to us using a SIP device over the internet and if you put in place our failsafes in place we can automaticly forward calls to your cellphone, a group of cellphones, send the call to alturnate SIP device, or send you a voicemail via email.
- I only want to use certain features. Can I purchase those separately?
- How many minutes are included with my account?
Yes, you can purchase item ala cart
- Can I make International calls?
You can make international calls only after being a customer of ours for 30 days, you send us indentification, and sign our long distance rider . All updated informaiton about long distance can be found at the following link: https://help.teliax.com/hc/en-us/articles/203813524–Really-Long-Distance-International-and-Zone-1-Dialing
- How do I retrieve my voice, fax, and text messages?
They will be sent to the email you list for messages.
- How do I set up my greeting?
Voicemail , and menu greeting will be setup by uploading a .WAV file from within your web portal.
- How do I send an internet fax message?
You will use our service for receiving fax only. To send you will need to find another service to help you with this.
- Can I receive SMS using a Teliax Business Solutions phone number?
You can not receive SMS with a Teliax number at this time.
- How do I use Teliax Business Solutions Conferencing?
Please see the quick start guide for getting started with this. The link is posted below.
- What is Zendesk®?
Zendesk provides a cloud-based customer support platform which allows quicker and easier interaction between businesses and customers.